The online home of Melissa Cole - award-winning beer and food writer and author of Let Me Tell You About Beer
Friday 20 November 2009
BrewDog Meet the Brewer - extra session announced
For those of you who haven’t been able to get your hands on tickets for the BrewDog Meet the Brewer event tomorrow we are now a running a third session at 5pm due to massive demand!
All the info on the beers is as below; but what it doesn’t tell you is that the boys have decided to surprise us by bringing with them the collaborative brew that they did with Mikeller, which has now been aging for a whole year in cask – it’s gonna be good, you know it is!
So, if you would like a ticket for the 5pm tasting, please could you call the office on 020 7378 9461 you’ll be able to purchase them over the phone, alternatively you can pop into the Rake and buy them there.
After a year of courting controversy, those bad boys from BrewDog have actually found time to make some seriously top-quality beers, and they’re coming back to Borough to showcase them!
lovebeer@borough is once again playing host to Scotland’s least tamed brewing duo, James Watt & Martin Dickie from BrewDog.
The pair will be bringing a pack of seriously wild beers with them too, offering you the chance to try the very limited edition Christmas beer Shark, of which only 50 will be available, and a very, very special beer that they haven’t even told us about yet!
• 77 Lager – A lager that actually tastes of something? You have to be kidding, right? 77 lager is made with 100% malt and whole leaf hops. It contains no preservatives, additives, cheap substitutes or any other junk
• Trashy Blonde - you just cant get the compulsive malt body and gorgeous dirty blonde colour out of your head. The seductive lure of the sassy passion fruit hop proves too much to resist. All that is even before we get onto the fact that there are no additives preservatives, pasteurization or strings attached
• 5am Saint – an amber red ale with low bitterness but an insanely hoppy aroma, this will really play with your perceptions and then offer up a prayer of thanks to the gods of hops!
• Bashah – when you put iconic American brewers Stone and the BrewDog boys in the same room, all mayhem was bound to break loose, which is exactly what happened with this incredible Double Black Belgian IPA
• Paradox Isle of Arran – another joint venture where we use the casks from the small but perfectly formed Isle of Arran distillery’s casks, which have mostly been previously used to age sherry lending this edition of Paradox a little more sweetness which is balanced by hints of cinnamon and ginger with lovely aromatic, zesty fruit flavours
• Shark Beer – this is the brewery’s special edition Christmas beer, of which only 30 bottles will be released, just think how rare this beer is, worth the price of admission alone!
• Zephyr - after exactly 600 days of maturation, micro-oxidation, dedication, deliberation and celebration, Zephyr, the strawberry refermented double IPA matured in a 1965 InverGordon grain whisky cask is bottled and then undergoes a second bottle conditioning – it’s an utterly sublime and unique offering
The award-winning Rake, above which lovebeer@borough is based, will also be showcasing BrewDog’s beers on handpull and in bottle, for more information on this visit the Rake’s Facebook group.